Tim & Ali & Dan's Blog site

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR

So wow WAY too long since I last posted, I am sort of hoping that Work will unlock this site so that I can post during the day, maybe I will actualll post more oftne then!

Anyway, far too much has happened since the last post, Christmas for example, the week before christmas work was doing a whole buch of upgrades to the computer system so I thouhgt we would have loads of time to do things, how wrong was I?!? We did manage to the get the christmas shopping done, and i did manage to find some Mango sorbet for Christmas lunch. Which brings me nicely onto Christmas. We had 9 adults adn 2 kids for christmas lunch, bit of a mission to find enough forks let alone cook. We had a delightful lunch consitsting of many courses over several hours. Started with some stilton and brockley soup, salmon parcels, sorbet, roast Lamb (despite it beign Christmas Ali doesn't like turkey) I also found an awesome recipe for sprouts. Click here if you wanna see it. Then onto Christmas pud made by Dave my brother in law and finally cheese and buiscuts interupted by the queen, if only I had sky plus! All together awesome lunch, even the slightly burnt parsnips due to fancy electric fan assisted take 20 mins of the cooking time oven I am not used to yet! Highlight of the day had to be playing a boad game whilts wathing Danny snuggled up to Ali's 91 year old Nana whilst wathing a Thomas the tank engine dvd. Was very cool.



Boxing days was spent at my Aunt and uncles house, no sign of my grandma becuase apperentely she and her new husband were over in Siera Leone doing some mission work over christmas!! You go grandma!

Then on the Wednesday I was off to start the WYnet worship workshop which led into WYnet's passion conference. We had an absolutley brillinat time away, the testamonies from the young people we fantastic and over the courase of those 6 days they managed to raise £1500. Yes you did read that correctly, no extra zero's added, in fact i will put it into words. Fiftenn Hundren pounds Sterling. GBP. Serious for 6 days avergeing with 45 different peopel comign throuh that was awesome. It did however result in my loosing my hair, my beard and also got me a free leg waxing. What a happy new year! but to be honest, any group of young peopel who can raise that much money in that sorter time deservers high priase in my book. The money is to go towards replacing th e PA equipent we use at work. It is mostly 10 years old and is starting to show signs of it's age!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home